From June 9 to June 11, 2018, over one hundred pentathlon fighters from Ukraine, Lithuania, the Czech Republic and South Africa will compete in the arenas of SC Meteor and CPNZ "Equestrian Sports".
Stars of Ukrainian and world modern pentathlon will take part in the competitions:
- ZSU Timoshenko Pavel (silver medalist of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, world champion);
- ISMCU Pavlyuk Denis (Junior World Champion, Vice-European Champion);
- ISMCU Fedechko Andriy (participant of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, bronze medalist of the World Championship);
- ISMCU Spas Anastasia (Junior Olympic Champion, European Champion);
- ISU Ridvansky Vladyslav (bronze medalist of the Cadets World Cup, winner of the Cup of Ukraine in 2018).
Modern pentathlon is a unique sport, which since 1912 is part of the program of the modern Olympic Games and connects five different sports: fencing, swimming, jumping and running with a laser pistol (athlete crosses a distance of 3200 meters and shoots at four firing lines). Performance in each species is evaluated by the amount of points, the winner is the athlete who scored the best points for the five species.
This start will determine the composition of the national team of Ukraine for participation in the World Cup and the European Championship.
The authority of Ukrainian pentathlon is very high in the international arena and our country, the city of Dnipro confirms this not only by sports results, but also by the level of organization of competitions.
President of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast
federation of modern pentathlon Sergei Timarev
The competition will be held with the support of the International Solidarity Fund of Alexander Petrovsky.