The worst lawyers are trained in agrarian universities - Law on Law
Agrarian, law enforcement and private universities (without any place of state order) are the worst trained bachelors in the specialty "Law". This is evidenced by the average score of graduates of higher education in these industry groups, which they received when entering the master's degree in law with the technology of external independent evaluation.
The average grade of graduates of agricultural universities is - 380,7; law enforcement - 380,86; private - 386,38.
In turn, the best legal education figures show specialized law schools - average score 424.39; classical universities - 415,84; as well as universities of economics, finance, management and entrepreneurship - 409,85.
“Through independent testing, we were able to really assess the level of training our law graduates are giving to their law graduates, and were horrified. The fact that non-core universities will produce worse and even worse results is obvious, but we needed actual indicators. Illustrative is the fact that about 9% of honors graduates with honors did not overcome the threshold "passed / failed", - said the Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine Lilia Grinevich.
In general, almost 20% of applicants to the law course did not overcome the "passed / failed" threshold of all blocks of testing. It is about 3 thousand 225 entrants out of 16 thousand 129.
The largest number of applicants for the law degree was from the graduates of the National Law University named after Yaroslav the Wise (1 thousand 858 persons) and the National University “Odessa Law Academy” (1 thousand 851 persons).
The MES Educational Analytics Institute also ranked HEIs according to how their graduates successfully broke the "passed / failed" threshold from all test blocks and scored a grade point average during the EIT.
The best results for graduates of the following universities:
- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy - 470.5 points
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv - 448,4 points
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv - 448,4 points
- Yaroslav the Wise National Law University - 433.7 points
- National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute" - 427.1 points
- Ostroh Academy National University - 426.7 points
- Odessa National Maritime Academy National University - 425.0 points
- Kyiv National Linguistic University - 422.0 points
- Poltava Law Institute of Yaroslav the Wise National Law University - 420.2 points
- Khmelnytsky University of Management and Law - 419,3 points
The worst graduates showed:
- Eastern European University of Economics and Management - 354,2 points
- Kremenchug Mykhailo Ostrogradsky National University - 356.9 points
- State Penitentiary Service Academy - 367.9 points
- Academy of Labor, Social Relations and Tourism - 368.2 points
- International Humanities University - 370.3 points
We would like to remind you that in 2018 compulsory EIT will be made not only by the applicants for the Master's degree in Law, but also for the Master's degree in International Law. Also, an experiment will be conducted to enter the foreign languages in the specialties of the fields of knowledge: Humanities (except specialty 035 "Philology"), "Social and Behavioral Sciences", "Journalism", "Services" and "International Relations" ( except specialty 293 "International Law") .
Reference: In 2017, 104 higher education institutions enrolled for the law degree program in Ukraine. For the first time in all universities, recruitment was carried out using external independent assessment technology. On the basis of the universities, 75 testing points have been set up with a total of 1,189 classrooms.
It took 240 minutes to complete the task. The test consisted of three blocks:
- general legal competency test (75 min);
- test in six basic legal disciplines: constitutional, administrative, civil, civil procedural, criminal, criminal procedural law (105 min);
- foreign language test (60 min).